You might be like me and getting Spring Fever right about now. Although the calendar says it’s the first week of April the damp windy weather reminds me of Fall. Itching to get outside, I looked at the weather report for next few days trying to plan my weekend projects. I’ve heard it said, “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing”. I had to remind myself that whether the weather cooperates or not there’s plenty to do this time of year inside or out of your home for Spring cleaning.
Stuck inside with the rain? Here’s a few tips of inside items to tend to:
· Replace filters on A/C & Furness – Replacing these filters will improve your indoor air quality.
· Have your ducts professionally cleaned – Your clothes drier as well as your HVAC ducts get lint and dust bunnies that need to be cleaned.
· Test and replace batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
· Check your fire extinguishers – Fire extinguishers do have a long shelf life but will eventually expire so it’s a good practice to inspect them annually.
When the weather is good enough to be outside tend to these items.
· Check your outside water faucets and sprinkler systems – Make sure you don’t have any leaks from cracks that may have popped up over the winters freeze.
· Prep your yard for spring growth – If you rake out any debris from your lawn taking advantage of the bare trees allowing sunlight to get to the spots that will be shaded as trees leaves grow.
· Clean out gutters and downspouts – The remnants of fall may have your gutters and downspouts filled with debris that can cause the gutters to overflow and flood into your home.
If you have a Spring Cleaning tip you’d like to share please feel free to message me and I’ll add it to the list. I hope you all have a safe spring and get a lot accomplished.