As Spring is in full swing and Summer approaches RV’s and Campers will be hitting the road. Before you get behind the wheel of your RV or hitch your camper it to your vehicle, it’s best to make sure you have the proper insurance coverage.

With a Camper Trailer, most vehicle insurance will extend the liability portion to the trailer being pulled.  An example is if the camper trailer got loose and caused a crash, damage to others property would be covered but not the physical damage to the camper trailer. There are some exceptions to liability coverage being extended from the towing vehicle such as commercial/business hauling or farming. Comprehensive and collision coverage is needed if you want to protect your own trailer in the event of fire, theft or you causing a crash and damages your own trailer.

A Recreational Vehicle/ Motor Homes (RV’s) that you drive and don’t pull behind a vehicle are insured similarly to your car or truck. Just like your primary vehicle coverage you can choose to just have liability coverage or to add comprehensive and collision coverage.

According to Foremost Insurance, a leader in RV insurance, here’s a few things to consider when insuring.

·         Is my optional equipment covered?

·         Is my personal property inside the motor home or camper trailer covered?

·         What coverage is best for me, Replacement cost or Actual Cash Value?

·         What payment plans are available?

·         Is towing or roadside assistance available?

If you’re not sure of any of these things I highly recommended checking with me or your current agent to confirm coverages. My job is to translate insurance to English. You can reach direct via email at, Facebook or by phone 219-477-7176.

Bryan McCarty

Trusted Insurance Advisor


Posted 1:57 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017

View Mobile Version