This week on Wednesday March 20th at 4:58 CDT we experienced the vernal equinox marking the first day of Spring here in the Northern Hemisphere. From March 20th until June 21st we will experience longer daylight hours. Earth worms emerge from the ground, birds migrate northward from the south and daffodils and crocuses poke up their heads.
Are you as eager to get outside and spend time in the yard as me? Spring is a great time to get out and plan for gardening, sports activities or home improvement projects. We can’t help but feel hopeful in the spring as the weather warms.
As I thought about spring beginning this week, I came up with a list of my top 5 fun Spring things to do.
1. Ride a bicycle – This is not only a great way to get outdoors and get some fresh air but exercise too. It’s been said “you can’t be sad while riding a bike”.
2. Take a hike – The Region is filled with paths and trails that range from easily accessible paved paths to rugged terrain.
3. Go Fishing – Spring is a great time to catch hungry fish!
4. Play ball – There’s many ball sports to choose from. Softball to tennis, basket ball to golf, our area is filled with ball sport choices for every liking.
5. Have a picnic – Here in La Porte we are blessed with a fantastic City Park Department that supplies picnic tables and pavilions accessible to the public.
Winter has thawed and it’s an exciting time for new beginnings. Saving money might be on your mind. A great way to save is by cutting your expenses. If you’re not already a client of mine, I invite you to contact me to shop your insurance rates. I will work to find you the right coverage at the best price.
I hope you all have a Wonderful Spring!
Trusted Insurance Advisor