Unfortunately vehicles are stolen all the time in this country. If you become the victim of auto theft, contact the police first. Make sure you know as much of the following information as possible:
- Year, make, model and color of your vehicle
- License plate number
- Approximate time of the theft
- Location where the vehicle was parked
- Names of eye witnesses (if there are any)
Next, inform your insurance company that your vehicle was stolen. Have your policy number on hand when you call.
Should you need to drive in adverse weather conditions, here are some tips to help avoid an accident.
If you get into an automobile accident, stay calm and remember...
- Check for injuries. Safety is more important than vehicle damage. Call an ambulance if needed.
- Turn on your hazard lights. Use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
- Call the police, even for minor accidents.
- Make immediate notes about the accident including the specific damages to all vehicles involved.
- Be polite and state only the facts. Don’t tell the police or other drivers that the accident was another driver’s fault or was your fault.
- You likely don’t know all the facts. Let the police sort out all the facts to establish what happened
- If a camera is available, and if it is safe to do so, take photographs of the scene.
- Notify us about the accident immediately.
- Please remember that getting the facts is important, but only police officers and insurance companies should investigate the accident.
1405 E Lincolnway Suite C
LaPorte, IN 46350
toll free 888-325-5253
Monday & Friday 8am-5pm CST
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am-5pm CST
Saturday - By Appointment